Welcome to the Suffolk Quilters' Guild
The Suffolk Quilters' Guild was founded in 1987 with the objective "to promote interest in the heritage and art of quilting; to promote companionship among fellow quilters and to present an opportunity for increasing knowledge of and appreciation for the art of quilting". Members develop skills, display creations, educate the community and annually assist in a charitable cause through a quilting donation.
Yearly dues are $20, paid each July. Membership includes a monthly meeting and program as well as at least eight workshops per year. Each member is required to participate in the charity program.
If members have an email address, they will be sent an invitation to join the Suffolk Quilters' Guild yahoo group. Members can visit the web site to look at emails, as well as the files and calendars. Members will receive email reminders before each meeeting and workshop. If a member does not have an email address, they will be paired with an email buddy.
The guild meets on the first Thursday of each month from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm at St Paul's Episcopal Church. Please note that all activities are optional except for the chairty project.
Each meeting may include:
- Program (varies each month) - learn a new skill, participate in a group project, or see a trunk show, etc.
- Show and Tell - bring a finished project to show and be entered in a drawing
- Fat Quarter Drawing - bring a fat quarter (color announced the month prior) and get a chance to win
- Door Prizes for Attendance
- Yearly Auction - bring in your unwanted sewing supplies and bid on other's items
- Varios Activities - to be announced each month, activities in the past have included:
- Fabric Exchange - bring in the specified strips, charm squares, etc. and leave with a variety
- Block of the Month Project - details to be determined
- Ugly Fabric Challenge - swap ugly fabrics and create something beautiful
Please wear your nametag to all meetings. The forgotten nametag fee is $0.25
Search for Suffolk Quilters Guild. Keep up to date with SQG happenings
Museum Quilt Display
Every three years the Suffolk Art Gallery hosts a display of guild members' quilts. The exhibit runs for six weeks beginning in September.
Monthly Workshops/Weekly Hand Quilting
Members meet eight times yearly on the third Saturday of the month from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 213 N. Main Street, Suffolk.
Members meet each Wednesday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Suffolk Art Gallery on Bosley Avenue (dependant on Museum activities) for hand quilting.